Monday, May 11, 2009

Old Queen

I say I'm not mad; I'm just an old queen.

Jeanie asks what's an old queen.

He then googles it.


That's it. That's an old queen. I resemble the phrase. I definitely look like the photo.
And that's really okay.

It's not exactly like losing my looks; more like I'm gaining another look.
I am not a little girl anymore.

I am not twenty-something.

Iam closer to 40 than 30 and I am an old queen.

Just like Pamela Sue and Cher and Melanie Griffith and a whole bunch of other women that I think are smoking hot.
As I throw in the high heels and burgundy lips, I have been quite busy creating other things of beauty.


First I took an ugly old brown dresser found on the side of the road and turned it into a punky place for the Scene Girl to put her t-shirts and skull n cross bone belts and accessories.





My next project-one that has been time consuming and really fascinating for me has been making jewelry; something I began because the cross dresser found it hard to find good pieces that were not made for genderbenders in mind.

This is a piece fit for a Mermaid's ankle...if Mermaids had ankles. This is an early piece. When I first began I thought of selling my bracelets and earrings and anklets but...now I just enjoy wearing something that was conceived in my mind and doesn't exist anyplace else.

And of course I will offer them to anyone who has a hard time finding jewelry that's the right size and style. Just let me know. I have loads of time now that I won't be in front of the mirror-at least for awhile.


No comments: